Home visiting service covering central, southern, western suburbs of Brisbane & Ipswich.
Assisting individuals to stay safe and independent in their own home.
Registered provider for DVA – Department of Veterans Affairs, NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme and Private Health Insurance
Experienced, registered and accredited Occupational Therapist.
Delivering a compassionate service, working together with family and related services to achieve desired outcomes.
- Equipment/assistive technology assessment and prescription
- Minor and major/complex home modifications
- Functional home assessment to facilitate independence in daily living
- Advice regarding falls prevention and safety in the home
- Education on safe and efficient ways to perform daily tasks
Equipment/assistive technology prescription
Assessment of functional needs to determine suitable equipment, such as:
- Pressure relieving /pressure redistribution equipment, e.g. pressure redistribution cushions and mattresses for the management of pressure ulcers
- Transfer aids, e.g. hoists
- Bathroom equipment, e.g. mobile shower commodes, shower chairs and toilet frames
- Smaller household aids, e.g. adaptive cutlery
- Wheelchair and seating assessment
- Personal response systems, e.g. Medi-Alert systems
- Educating clients, families and carers on the use of specialised equipment, safe transferring and positioning.
Assessment regarding minor and major/complex home modifications, to enable safety and independence in your home. Assessment for modifications take into account your disability needs, assistive technology and long-term accessibility. Assessment includes liaison with builders/contractor to ensure needs are completely addressed.
- Minor home modifications may include items such as grab rails, and installation of ramps.
- Major/complex home modifications include structural and layout modifications, such as bathroom modifications to enable safety with wheelchair access and use of assistive technology.
- Ergonomic assessment and modifications
- Task simplification, energy conservation and joint protection education
- Relaxation and pain management