Home visiting service covering central, southern, western suburbs of Brisbane & Ipswich.
We aim to assist individuals to stay safe and independent in their own home.
Registered provider for DVA – Department of Veterans Affairs, NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme and Private Health Insurance
We provide experienced, registered and accredited Occupational Therapists.
A collaborative health care approach is vital to us, we aim to provide client centered intervention, feedback and communication with referring GP’s.
We deliver a compassionate service, working together with family and related services to achieve desired outcomes.
- Functional home assessment to facilitate independence in daily living
- Education on safe and efficient ways to perform daily task
Assessment of functional needs to determine suitable equipment, such as:
- Pressure relieving /pressure redistribution equipment, e.g. pressure redistribution cushions and mattresses for the management of pressure ulcers
- Transfer aids, e.g. hoists
- Bathroom equipment, e.g. mobile shower commodes, shower chairs and toilet frames
- Smaller household aids, e.g. adaptive cutlery
- Wheelchair and seating assessment
- Personal response systems, e.g. Medi-Alert systems
- Educating clients, families and carers on the use of specialised equipment, safe transferring and positioning.
- Advice regarding practical and cost effective home modifications, e.g. hand rail positioning, installation of ramps and chair raisers.
- Liaison with contractors to ensure clients needs are completely addressed
- Ergonomic assessment and modifications
- Task simplification, energy conservation and joint protection education
- Advice regarding falls prevention and safety in the home.
- Relaxation and pain management